Introducing Scalare – Our New Capacitive Transducer Power Amplifier
Capacitive transducers are notoriously difficult loads to drive for off-the-shelf amplifiers. These amplifiers are usually designed for the PA market and are for driving resistive loads. To overcome the difficulties of driving capacitive loads, impedance matching circuits can be employed on the amplifier outputs, but these are typically limited to a narrow frequency band.
One of the mainstays of the transducer driving market is now obsolete and there are few plug-in options available.
Seiche developed the Scalare Capacitive Transducer Amplifier in partnership with Moor Amps Ltd, it is specifically designed to drive capacitive loads up to 200nF with an output up to 100Vrms at 1A.
- The Scalare Amplifier is designed to drive capacitive sonar
transducers and similar capacitive loads
- It removes the need and cost of specific impedance
matching required by conventional audio amplifiers over its
entire operational bandwidth
- Scalare Amplifiers are designed to drive all capacitive
loads up to 200nF
- Gain adjustment from 1dB to 50dB in 1 dB steps
- Multiple output protection mechanisms
For more information, please download our datasheet here.