Imaging Systems Engineer
Software development of imaging systems for the marine environment
• Applying engineering principles to provide technical solutions to exciting problems
• Maintaining, testing and developing a C/C++ software
• Provide value added commercial input into new and existing imaging system solutions/products
• Maintain accurate documentation, records and produce timely reports
Job descriptions only reflect 80% of a role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You are expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role.
Criteria which will be used in shortlisting and selecting candidates:
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively, achieving results against deadlines
• Able and willing to learn new skills required to fulfil the role
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a project team
• Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the company
• Willingness to travel to other sites/events on occasion
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work flexibly to meet the multiple priorities
• Excellent time management skills
• Be approachable and willing to help
• Have a duty of care to yourself and others regarding health and safety issues
• Knowledge of signal processing and basic electronics principles desirable
• Health, Safety, Environment and Quality procedures
• Evidence of hands-on coding experience with any modern programming language
• Demonstrate a methodical approach to problem solving
• A demonstratable passion for technology and innovation
Education & Certification
• BEng or higher in an engineering or related science discipline
• Health and Safety qualification or training (desirable but not essential)
• Training provided
• Must drive due to location, client and site visits
Up to £23,000.00 (dependant on experience) plus overtime (by agreement).
9.00am-5.00pm, with half an hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday, with the occasional need to work overtime.
Bradworthy, Devon, UK.
Holiday & Benefits
25 days holiday plus bank holidays. 5% Employer Pension contribution. Other employee benefits after successful completion of 6-month probation period.
Kelly Holder firstname.lastname@example.org